2016 couse dates TBA
Have you ever been given a health dataset and not known where to start? This course will provide you with steps for understanding where data comes from, how to clean, interpret and analyse data and how to conduct advanced analyses including using different types of public health data. The course will be run using STATA statistical analysis package.
The Analysis of Public Health Data course is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills to analyse epidemiological data in the field.
This short course will run for four days, 9am-5pm each day. Hands on data analysis using case studies and lectures will be used to facilitate learning and provide opportunities to explore specific topics in more detail.
- The context in which public health data is collected, the method of collection and its limitations.
- The role of data management and cleaning in analysing datasets.
- Analysis of public health data from cross sectional, cohort and case control studies.
- Descriptive and analytical analyses using STATA statistical software.
- Interpretation and communication of results from a variety of public health analyses.
Throughout the course the emphasis will be on understanding, rather than the mechanics of calculation.