Do you have an interest in how outbreaks of communicable diseases are investigated and controlled? Do you currently work or intend to work in the area of outbreak investigation? Do you want to learn from experienced practitioners in the field?
This course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to undertake outbreak investigations in the field.
This short course will run for five days, 9am-5pm each day. Teaching will be through case studies, lectures and small group tutorials.
- Outbreak detection and control.
- The necessary steps for outbreak investigation.
- Study designs used in outbreak investigation.
- Introduction to the use of software for the collection, management and analysis of outbreak data.
- Interpretation of investigation findings.
The emphasis will be on understanding these concepts and skills by applying them to scenarios based on real life outbreaks.