Do you want to conduct a research project but don’t quite know where to start? This course introduces participants to the practical side of epidemiological research. At the end of this course you will have the tools to develop your own research proposal.
In semester 1, this short course will run across the semester with lectures and tutorials each week. In semester 2 the course will run across 5 days 9:00 am - 5:00 pm each day.
Lectures and small group tutorials will be used to facilitate learning and provide opportunities to explore specific topics in more detail.
- Getting started
- Developing and refining your research question
- What ethical issues you need to consider
- Who should be in your sample
- Recruitment and retention of your participants
- Day to day management of your project
- Measurement and recording
- How to write great questionnaires
- How to minimise bias in your study
- Communicating and reporting
- How to communicate your research to a variety of audiences