Katrina Roper and Dr Sacha Stelzer-Braid of UNSW were awarded an ISER Seed Fund Grant of $10,000 to investigate point-of-care testing to improve outbreak response to epidemic and emerging influenza.
Kerri Viney has been involved in a consultation to develop a TB patient cost survey handbook for the World Health Organization, and presented “The Timor-Leste patient cost survey: Preliminary results” in Geneva.
Katrina Roper was interviewed by ABC radio Canberra and Radio National on the measles outbreak in Western Sydney.
Conferences and Workshops
Kerri Viney presented at the 15th World Congress on Public Health in Melbourne on “Universal Health Coverage, social protection and patient costs and ending TB”. Martyn Kirk participated in an interactive World Dialogue session at the congress on "A pandemic experience".
Martyn Kirk gave an invited presentation on "Capacity building for Emerging Infectious Disease: workforce development at the NHMRC funded CRE for Emerging Infectious Diseases at the University of Sydney.
- Clothier HJ, Crawford NW, Russell M, Kelly H, Buttery JP (2017) Evaluation of 'SAEFVIC', A Pharmacovigilance Surveillance Scheme for the Spontaneous Reporting of Adverse Events Following Immunisation in Victoria, Australia. Drug Saf. doi: 10.1007/s40264-017-0520-7.
- Dalton CB, Carlson SJ, Durrheim DN, Butler MT, Cheng AC, Kelly HA. (2016) Flutracking weekly online community survey of influenza-like illness annual report, 2015. Commun Dis Intell 40(4):E512-E520.
- Coghlan B, Kelly HA, Carlson SJ, Grant KA, Leder K, Dalton CB, Cheng AC (2016) Estimates of influenza vaccine coverage from Victorian surveillance systems based in the community, primary care and hospitals. Commun Dis Intell 40(2):E204-6.
- Hurt AC, Kelly H (2016) Debate Regarding Oseltamivir Use for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza. Emerg Infect Dis. 22(6):949-55. doi: 10.3201/eid2206.151037.
- Globan M, Lavender C, Leslie D, Denholm J, Brown L, Kelly H, Fyfe J. (2016) Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis in Victoria, Australia, reveals low level of transmission. Internl J Tuberculosis Lung Dis 20(5):652-8.
- Sullivan SG, Carville K, Chilver MBM, Fielding JE, Grant K, Kelly H, Levy A, Regan A, Stocks N,Tempone S. (2016) Pooled influenza vaccine effectiveness estimates for Australia, 2012-2014. Epidemiol Infect 144: 2317–2328.
- Gidding H, Martin N, Stambos V, Tran T, Dey A, Dowse G, Kelly H, Durrheim D, Lambert S. (2016) Documenting measles elimination in Australia. J Epi Global Health 6(3):197-209.