Associate Professor Liliana (Lili) Bulfone
Liliana Bulfone has expertise in health technology assessment (HTA), including modelled economic evaluation. Lili has gained invaluable HTA skills and experience working in various sectors including government, academia, and as a consultant to the pharmaceutical industry. At ANU, Lili will be involved in delivery of the economic modelling component of the course in Health Technology Assessment.
Lili is a member (industry nominee) of the Life Saving Drugs Program (LSDP) Expert Panel, who provide advice to the Commonwealth Chief Medical Officer in relation to products funded through the LSDP.
- Health Technology Assessment
- Economic evaluation
- Modelling to support economic evaluation
- Decision-making re: public subsidy of health technologies
- Lancsar E, Gu Y, Gyrd-Hansen D, Butler J, Ratcliffe J, Bulfone L, Donaldson C. The relative value of different QALY types. J Health Econ. 70 (2020):102303. Mar 2020.
- Dieleman JM, Myles PS, Bulfone L, Younie S, van Zaane B, McGiffin D, Moodie M, Gao L. Cost-effectiveness of routine transoesophageal echocardiography during cardiac surgery: a discrete-event simulation study. Br J Anaesth. 124(2):136-145. Feb 20.
- Hocking JS, Temple-Smith M, Guy R, Donovan B, Braat S, Law M, Gunn J, Regan D, Vaisey A, Bulfone L, Kaldor J, Fairley CK, Low N. Population effectiveness of opportunistic chlamydia testing in primary care in Australia: a cluster-randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 392(10156):1413-1422. Oct 2018.