Tsheten is interested in understanding the determinants of health by applying spatial and statistical modeling to develop evidence-based public health policies. Tsheten was involved in various projects in the past four years at NCEPH including the understanding of the epidemiology of dengue in Bhutan, soil-transmitted helminths in the Philippines, and the impact of COVID-19 on other disease control. In the next three years, Tsheten will be contributing to the development of collaboratory advances in research design and data analysis across the whole of NCEPH. Tsheten will also be convening an introductory course for biostatistics in the MPH program and engaging in ongoing research projects such as telehealth in primary care and neglected tropical disease control.
- Tsheten, T., Penjor, K., Tshering, C. et al. Identifying socio-ecological drivers of common cold in Bhutan: a national surveillance data analysis. Sci Rep 12, 11716 (2022).
- Tsheten T, Lhendup, K, Dorji, T, Wangdi, K. Aetiologies and Risk Factors of Prolonged Fever Admission in Samtse Hospital, Bhutan, 2020. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2022, 19, 7859.
- Lhendup K, Tsheten T, Rinzin T, Wangdi K. Risk Factors of Symptomatic COVID-19 in Samtse District, Bhutan. Frontiers in Public Health. 2022;10. (shared first author)
- Tsheten T, Lowe C, Wangdi K, Kelly M, Mationg ML, Williams GM, McManus DP, Gray DJ. COVID-19 continues its rampage in children and in unvaccinated communities due to the Delta and Omicron variants. Infect Dis Trop Med. 2022 8: e810.
- Tsheten T, Tenzin P, Clements ACA, Gray DJ, Ugyel L, Wangdi K. The COVID-19 vaccination campaign in Bhutan: strategy and enablers. Infect Dis Poverty. 2022 Jan 5;11(1):6
- Gyeltshen K, Tsheten T, Dorji S, Pelzang T, Wangdi K. Survival Analysis of Symptomatic COVID-19 in Phuentsholing Municipality, Bhutan. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021 Oct 18;18(20):10929. (shared first author)
- Wangdi K, Penjor K, Tsheten T, Tshering C, Gething P, Gray DJ, Clements ACA. Spatio-temporal patterns of childhood pneumonia in Bhutan: a Bayesian analysis. Sci Rep. 2021 Oct 14;11(1):20422
- Tsheten T, Clements ACA, Gray DJ, Adhikary RK, Furuya-Kanamori L, Wangdi K. Clinical predictors of severe dengue: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Infect Dis Poverty. 2021 Oct 9;10(1):123.
- Tsheten, T., Clements, A.C.A., Gray, D.J. et al. Clinical features and outcomes of COVID-19 and dengue co-infection: a systematic review. BMC Infect Dis 21, 729 (2021)
- Tsheten T, Clements ACA, Gray DJ, Gyeltshen K, Wangdi K. Medical practitioner's knowledge on dengue management and clinical practices in Bhutan. PLoS One. 2021 Jul 16;16(7):e0254369